[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10655: Post/Page ID Count skips one number when a new page or post created in WordPress 2.8.2

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 26 18:48:40 UTC 2009

#10655: Post/Page ID Count skips one number when a new page or post created in
WordPress 2.8.2
 Reporter:  misty9        |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by misty9):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 In fact that "diegocaro and Strider72 had claimed that Revision Control
 plug in would be a workaround for what I need, however it's in fact
 misleading.

              '''Changed 7 days ago by diegocaro'''
             "This behaviour is normal in WordPress 2.8, because the
 latests version have a new feature called Post Revision. You can disable
 this feature with  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/revision-control/
 ."

             '''Changed 5 days ago by strider72'''
                 "Beyond that, disabling post revisions *does* apply,
 because it restores the behavior you want -- one post/page == one  ID
 number. The reason the ID numbers are jumping on you is that each revision
 gets a new ID number."

 I can understand that the simple feature request here is beyond the scope
 of WordPress. However, it would be useful to have programmers or testers
 who can accurately providing information on what WordPress can and can't
 do regarding the subject.

 Reopened for you to read!

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10655#comment:11>