[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10655: Post/Page ID Count skips one number when a new page or post created in WordPress 2.8.2

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 25 18:55:59 UTC 2009

#10655: Post/Page ID Count skips one number when a new page or post created in
WordPress 2.8.2
 Reporter:  misty9        |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by misty9):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 Already know that is by design by now.

 Repeat my previous inquiry, which is to find out why disabling the
 Revision Control doesn't seem to do what is supposed to do. i.e. It should
 not skip an ID number once when the Revision Control plugin is
 deactivated.

 As you guys suggested, I've installed the Revision Control plug in in WP
 2.8.2 and it is Deactivated, the post and page numbers continue to skip
 ONE number whenever there is a new post or page is created. Please note
 that I have enabled the "Reveal IDs for WP Admin" plug in, which I need.

 Can you please get Strider72 to help me figuring this out? Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10655#comment:8>