[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10609: WP writes htaccess file in account root when changing the URL in the admin area

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Aug 17 22:21:12 UTC 2009

#10609: WP writes htaccess file in account root when changing the URL in the admin
area
 Reporter:  pyxis630        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.8.4
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:

Comment(by dd32):

 > Yes, when I change the siteurl to be something different than the blog
 url the error happens. When I change home back to be the same as the
 siteurl things are OK.

 This was refering to this line of yours above:
 {{{
 $pos = strpos("C:/websites/SITE/wp-admin/options.php","http://SITE.com");
 }}}

 That line is impossible, and the http://site.com is there due to a
 incorrect setting.

 If home/siteurl are set differently, Then Siteurl should always be a
 subdirectory of home, NEVER the other way around.

 back to the problem at hand, Can you test it while it has home ===
 siteurl?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10609#comment:10>