[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9303: Plugin updater does not show plugin messages after bulk actions are applied.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 29 11:50:23 GMT 2009

#9303: Plugin updater does not show plugin messages after bulk actions are
applied.
 Reporter:  jwriteclub    |        Owner:  DD32
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by DD32):

 > class WP_Upgrader has that code as well.

 For a reason.

 The workflow for a plugin upgrade is completely different, and the update
 cache needs to be invalidated upon a plugin upgrade to prevent showing the
 upgrade message again.

 I thought about simply modifying the transient, but, That didnt seem like
 a useful thing..

 ..Actually, It just occured to me, Yes, A bad cache IS A bad thing, the
 update count bubble will not update correctly.

 I'd change that code i deleted to this:
 {{{
  if ( $current = get_transient('update_plugins') ) {
     unset( $current->response[ $plugin_file ] );
     set_transient('update_plugins', $current);
  }
 }}}

 Seems like a better approach than your patch(Less code branches modified),
 but still achieves the same result.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9303#comment:11>