[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8729: "WordPress 2.7 is available! Please update now." Displayed in WordPress 2.7 Dashboard.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 27 09:03:54 GMT 2009

#8729: "WordPress 2.7 is available! Please update now." Displayed in WordPress 2.7
Dashboard.
 Reporter:  miqrogroove   |       Owner:  nbachiyski
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned
Component:  i18n          |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  major         |    Keywords:  has-patch

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 Replying to [comment:32 xibe]:
 > Replying to [comment:30 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > > Along the same lines, it might make sense to only enforce the above-
 mentioned behavior for major updates (e.g. 2.6 to 2.7), and not for minor
 ones (2.6 to 2.6.1). After all, minor updates are frequently security
 related, and it's better to have wrong caption or two than a hopelessly
 hacked site.

 > Agreed, although I fail to see how not upgrading a locale version can
 prevent hacking. Maybe I misunderstood you :)

 Somewhat. ;-) I was meaning it was better it have a slightly not up to
 date .mo file than a hacked site.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8729#comment:33>