[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8619: category_name query fails for multiple-word sub-categories

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 25 14:03:46 GMT 2009

#8619: category_name query fails for multiple-word sub-categories
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  filosofo                                                         |        Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)                                                     |       Status:  new
Changes (by filosofo):

  * keywords:  needs-patch category_name query_posts get_category_by_path
               => has-patch tested category_name query_posts
               get_category_by_path
  * owner:  anonymous => ryan
  * status:  reopened => new

Comment:

 Sorry about that.  I was using {{{sanitize_title}}} because that's what
 {{{get_category_by_path}}} does.  However, I'd failed to note that
 {{{get_category_by_path}}} splits the path into "leaves" delimited by
 slashes, and sanitizes the leaves individually.

 Latest patch does that and corrects the original problem without causing

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8619#comment:6>