[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8786: Add option to disable unfiltered_html for all users (and explain it in the process)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 20 11:39:16 GMT 2009

#8786: Add option to disable unfiltered_html for all users (and explain it in the
process)
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jeremyclarke     |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Component:  Security         |     Version:
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 I'd say wontfix.

 The use-case you suggest deals with admins not being able to reproduce
 what users are saying because kses allows them to post anything. But the
 checkbox you suggest would make all contributors eligible to insert
 scripts into the site. It's not very desirable.

 At the very most, we'd want a verbose option that offers to disable
 unfiltered html for roles that have it. But in this case, we'll end up
 introducing even more confusion...

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8786#comment:2>