[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be simple, customizable, and something to base themes off

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Apr 10 17:20:01 GMT 2009

#9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be
simple, customizable, and something to base themes off
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  DD32             |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Component:  Themes           |     Version:
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:  dev-feedback
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by neovita):

 Replying to [comment:7 JohnMyr]:

 > WordPress should come with a very well documented theme framework with
 child themes for several audiences. A blog theme, a "cms" page-centric
 theme, a news style theme and a photoblog child theme.

 I agree. One challenge I face is the stereotype of wordpress being "just a
 blogging platform." I think a suite of themes is a good idea.

 What is the status on this project?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9015#comment:12>