[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7686: WordPress Sandwiches MORE tag Improperly when Submitting via XML-RPC cCLient

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Sep 4 15:59:07 GMT 2008

#7686: WordPress Sandwiches MORE tag Improperly when Submitting via XML-RPC
cCLient
 Reporter:  iacas    |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  XML-RPC  |     Version:  2.6.1
 Severity:  normal   |    Keywords:  more tag, xml-rpc, newline
 The <!--more--> tag used to be on its own line:

 {{{
 if ($post_more) {
     $post_content = $post_content . "\n<!--more-->\n" . $post_more;
 }
 }}}

 I believe a change was made in 2.6 to strip the newlines, which results in
 awkward and I would say incorrect behavior. Paragraphs that are not meant
 to be together are instead smooshed together, as the auto-paragraphing
 done by WordPress doesn't account for the <!--more--> tag being stuck on
 anything but its own line.

 Two supporting links:
 http://infinite-
 sushi.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1021&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
 http://nslog.com/2008/09/04/wordpress_bug_in_26x_sandwiched_more_tag

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7686>