[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8356: enhancement for after_plugin_row_$plugin_file and plugin_action_links_$plugin_file

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Nov 26 14:47:55 GMT 2008

#8356: enhancement for after_plugin_row_$plugin_file and
plugin_action_links_$plugin_file
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  strider72  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
Component:  Plugins    |     Version:
 Severity:  normal     |    Keywords:  has-patch
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 In 2.7 we're adding some new hooks, like so:

 do_action( 'after_plugin_row', $plugin_file, $plugin_data, $context );
 // then a new one...
 do_action( "after_plugin_row_$plugin_file", $plugin_data, $context );

 $action_links = apply_filters('plugin_action_links', $action_links,
 $plugin_file, $plugin_data, $context);
 // then a new one...
 $action_links = apply_filters("plugin_action_links_$plugin_file",
 $action_links, $plugin_data, $context);

 The '_$plugin_file' versions of each are new.  It was my own patch, and it
 is committed, but I'm starting to think it should be tweaked a bit.

 In short, I think we should still be passing the $plugin_file parameter,
 as within the hooked function we don't actually have access to that.  That
 is, if you can hook
         add_action("after_plugin_row_$plugin_file", 'myfunction');
 ... then myfunction ironically doesn't actually have access to
 $plugin_file.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8356>