[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8334: Visual Editor: Backspace with no content kills focus in Safari. Additional backspaces sends the user backwards in history

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Nov 24 15:00:11 GMT 2008

#8334: Visual Editor: Backspace with no content kills focus in Safari. Additional
backspaces sends the user backwards in history
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith  |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
Component:  TinyMCE      |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  major        |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 In Safari:

 If you press backspace when there is no content in the Visual Editor, it
 will lose focus. Pressing backspace again will result in you going back in
 your browser history.

 TinyMCE ticket with patch:

 https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2307140&group_id=103281&atid=635682

 Works for me.  Attaching a patch for us.

 High priority. I run into this on a near-daily basis. When composing a new
 post, I frequently start writing the first sentence, change my mind on its
 wording, and hold down backspace. Very frustrating.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8334>