[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8312: allow plugin developers to translate 'paged' permalinks to fit specific language

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Nov 21 22:29:30 GMT 2008

#8312: allow plugin developers to translate 'paged' permalinks to fit specific
language
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  misieg772    |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  Permalinks   |     Version:
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:  permalink translation
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Hello,

 it`s great we can customize category base, feed base and author base
 inside $wp_rewrite. it would be great if we could also customize paged
 url`s to fit specific language so for example:

 {{{
 somedomain.com/page/2/
 somedomain.com/category/uncategorized/page/2/
 }}}

 would become something like this for spanish blog:

 {{{
 somedomain.com/pagina/2/
 somedomain.com/category/uncategorized/pagina/2/
 }}}

 i did it locally, basically all you need to do is to replace all
 occurencies of 'page' string with some constant or variable inside
 following files:

 {{{
 wp-includes/link-template.php
 wp-includes/rewrite.php
 wp-includes/canonical.php
 }}}

 i know it is rather 'low-priority' thing but those small things make WP
 shine
 in power-user hands and it also greatly improves WP translation
 capabilities

 regards,
 grzegorz

--