[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6986: Plugin Automatic Update via FTP - SLL option will not deactivate once activated

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat May 17 19:01:35 GMT 2008

#6986: Plugin Automatic Update via FTP - SLL option will not deactivate once
activated
 Reporter:  carltonbale     |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.5.1
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  plugin automatic upgrade FTP SSL
 In WordPress 2.5.0 and 2.5.1, plugin automatic update was working properly
 via FTP. I then decided to try the FTP SSL option and received the error
 message

 ''"Error: There was an error connecting to the server, Please verify the
 settings are correct."''

 So apparently my server does not support FTP over SSL. So I disabled the
 SSL option by setting "Use SSL" to "No".  However, I continued to receive
 the same connection error message as above.  The message would appear no
 matter what was entered into the FTP configuration page.

 I finally added the following line to my '''wp-config.php''' file:

 {{{
 define('FTP_SSL', false);
 }}}

 This caused the SSL setting within the plugin FTP updater to be
 overwritten with the correct value.  FTP updates of plugins began to again
 function properly after making this change.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6986>