[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6938: Allow wp-content directory to exist in a custom location (relative to ABSPATH)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri May 9 17:16:47 GMT 2008

#6938: Allow wp-content directory to exist in a custom location (relative to
ABSPATH)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sambauers    |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  new
Comment (by ryan):

 Can we make WP_CONTENT_DIR be an absolute path so that we don't have to
 worry with ".."?  Things like PLUGINDIR that expect it to be relative to
 root will need to be changed around.  Something like:

 {{{
 define( 'WP_CONTENT_DIR', ABSPATH . 'wp-content' );
 define( 'WP_CONTENT_URL', 'wp-content'); // Relative to
 get_option('home'), not ABSPATH
 define( 'WP_PLUGIN_DIR', WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/plugins');
 define( 'WP_PLUGIN_URL', WP_CONTENT_URL . '/plugins'); // Used for
 plugin_basename()
 define( 'PLUGINDIR', 'wp-content/plugins'); // Relative to ABSPATH.  For
 back compat.
 }}}

 Calculating WP_CONTENT_URL will require stripping get_home_path() from
 ABSPATH to get a path relative to home rather than siteurl.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6938#comment:4>