[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6444: Changeset 7561 (post rc3) leaves an open <p> at the end of the inserted gallery html

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 31 17:10:48 GMT 2008

#6444: Changeset 7561 (post rc3) leaves an open <p> at the end of the inserted
gallery html
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnconners              |        Owner:  andy
     Type:  defect                   |       Status:  reopened
Comment (by AaronCampbell):

 Looks like this is already in trunk, but I actually support a slightly
 different solution.  I think that there are cases where post-wpautop() is
 great (most of the time for me), but I can see that there are times where
 you would want pre-wpautop() (especially for the less-advanced users).  We
 should be able to do both.  I'm attaching a patch that will allow people
 to use shortcodes as they worked before this ticket (pre-wpautop), or they
 can use them post-wpautop by passing a 3rd argument to add_shortcode like:

 {{{add_shortcode('googleMap', array($wpGoogleMaps, 'testTags'), true);}}}

 For me personally, the default should be the latter (priority 11), but I
 though this would have as little impact on people currently developing for
 2.5.  However, if you think the default should change, I can upload
 another diff.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6444#comment:7>