[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6473: Wordpress 2.5 fails to allow file uploads if you use .htaccess to secure wp-admin

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Mar 30 14:28:54 GMT 2008

#6473: Wordpress 2.5 fails to allow file uploads if you use .htaccess to secure
wp-admin
 Reporter:  hexley   |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  General  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal   |    Keywords:
 See this post for confirmation of others with trouble:
 http://wordpress.org/support/topic/162198/page/2?replies=41#post-717406

 Here is my .htaccess in wp-admin
 AuthName "Restricted Area"
 AuthType Basic
 AuthUserFile /somewhere/over./the/rainbow/.htpasswd
 AuthGroupFile /dev/null
 require valid-user

 If I rename .htaccess to a.htaccess, in order to disable it, works just
 fine all over again.

 My server logs show an http 401 error on:
 /wp-admin/page-new.php Safari
 /wp-admin/async-upload.php Flash

 So, seems to me, user/pass credentials are not getting past Flash, and it
 is breaking.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6473>