[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6211: new terms created with a slug already in db will inherit title of existing term in db even if is different taxomony.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Mar 14 01:47:20 GMT 2008

#6211: new terms created with a slug already in db will inherit title of existing
term in db even if is different taxomony.
 Reporter:  nerrad          |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.5
 Severity:  blocker         |    Keywords:
 Expected usage:
 I create a category named "Planning for WordPress Upgrades" with the slug
 "planning" and save. With permalinks on the url would be something like,
 "http://www.mydomain.com/%categorytoken%/planning.

 I create a tag named "planning" and save.  With permalinks on the url
 would be something like "http://www.mydomain.com/%tagtoken%/planning".

 However:
 When saving the tag it will inherit the title of the preexisting category
 instead of saving as the tag I created.  There should be no inheritance
 between taxonomy's.

 Also, when editing the name in either the category or the tags the name
 will be changed in both the tag taxonomy and the category taxonomy.  It is
 not possible to have different names for different taxonomies with the
 same slug.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6211>