[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6110: Custom permalinks created from plugin hooking in to WP redirects don't work.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Mar 6 04:24:54 GMT 2008

#6110: Custom permalinks created from plugin hooking in to WP redirects don't
work.
 Reporter:  nerrad   |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  General  |     Version:  2.5
 Severity:  major    |    Keywords:
 This might be related to ticket #5995:

 I've been testing the new version of my
 [http://www.unfoldingneurons.com/2007/zimbabwe-2007-makes-front-page-news
 Organize Series Plugin] which works fine in WP 2.3.x with the redirect
 hooks.  However in 2.5 none of the plugin specific redirects work.

 To be clearer:
 In 2.3.x http://localhost/series/series-name would redirect properly to
 the "series" archive page.
 After upgrading to 2.5 http://localhost/series/series-name returns 404
 error.

 I've tried regenning permalinks, but that doesn't fix the problem.  Is
 there something that's changed with how plugins should be hooking into the

Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6110>