[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6072: Write Post: Permalink should not be "undefined" if I click Edit, clear the field, and then click Save

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Mar 2 22:39:42 GMT 2008

#6072: Write Post: Permalink should not be "undefined" if I click Edit, clear the
field, and then  click Save
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lloydbudd  |       Owner:  nbachiyski
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
Component:  General    |     Version:  2.5
 Severity:  normal     |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Write Post: Permalink should not be "undefined" if I click Edit, clear the
 field, and then click Save

 ENV: WP trunk r7133 (2.5-beta1)

 The result is Permalink: http://example.com/undefined/ [Edit]

 But it doesn't actually save any change thankfully.

 The expectation is that a new permalink is created based on the current
 post title.

 ADDITIONAL DETAIL

 Specifically, after publishing a post. I decide I want to change the
 title, and I want the URL to be updated as well. That is where my
 expectation comes from, and previous versions of WP worked in this manner.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6072>