[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7115: wp_category_checklist should have option to exclude the parent category from the generated tree

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 10 03:08:34 GMT 2008

#7115: wp_category_checklist should have option to exclude the parent category
from the generated tree
 Reporter:  youngmicroserf  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  General         |     Version:
 Severity:  minor           |    Keywords:
 In WP 2.5.1 there is an option to only generate a part of the category
 tree by adding a value for the variable "descendants_and_self" but there
 currently there seems to be no way to limit the category tree to the child
 categories of the parent category without displaying it as well.

 I suggest an additional option for the function wp_category_checklist that
 allows this. I have attached a fix I've applied in a WP installation.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7115>