[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7394: When searching posts/pages in wp-admin, give more emphasis to matches on title

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 24 02:54:18 GMT 2008

#7394: When searching posts/pages in wp-admin, give more emphasis to matches on
title
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.6
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  search, posts, page, title, relevance
 I have 35 pages in my WordPress install.  My "About" page is on '''the
 second page of results''' when I search for "about"

 We should put hits on the title first in the results list.

 I'm open to suggestions for possible technical implementations.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7394>