[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #7246: commenting a second time before comment approved causes an internal server error.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jul 5 13:02:36 GMT 2008

#7246: commenting a second time before comment approved causes an internal server
error.
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  trenta             |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect             |       Status:  new
Changes (by DD32):

  * keywords:  => reporter-feedback
  * milestone:  => 2.7

Comment:

 > Shouldn't this be throwing a 403 error rather than a 500?
 403 doesnt seem like a proper response for a page like that to me.. 500
 error seems better.

 Certain browsers (I'm thinking IE6 here), will show custom error pages
 rather than what the server sends if the servers response is shorter than
 x bytes.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7246#comment:4>