[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #5721: Future posts published with Windows Live Writer are scheduled for incorrect time.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 25 17:42:05 GMT 2008

#5721: Future posts published with Windows Live Writer are scheduled for incorrect
time.
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
Component:  XML-RPC      |     Version:  2.3.2
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 WP GMT Offset: -05

  1. Compose post in Windows Live Writer
  1. Set publish time to 1 hour in the future
  1. Publish
  1. View "Manage > Posts" and verify that publish time is correct (it is).
  1. View "Dashboard" and note that pseudo cron has the post scheduled to
 "fire" in 6 hours.

 Tried with a few other times, and it seems to be [Publish Time] - [GMT
 Offset].

 Tried on WordPress.com and the post failed to publish (can't see the
 scheduled time on the dashboard).

 I couldn't trigger this bug with MarsEdit (which uses a different API).
 I'm leaning towards this being a WLW bug, but it's strange that the
 publish time would be right but the cron time wouldn't.

 This is also another reason why our pseudo cron implementation needs a re-
 work... you shouldn't be able to schedule a post to publish at any time
 other than its publish date!

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5721>