[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5130: Linking to multiple posts on your own site breaks pingback due to comment flooding

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 22 00:35:56 GMT 2008

#5130: Linking to multiple posts on your own site breaks pingback due to comment
flooding
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect             |       Status:  new
Comment (by scottsm):

 Oh and the title "Linking to multiple posts on your own site breaks
 pingback due to comment flooding" doesn't cover the whole problem. An
 outside site linking to multiple posts on your own site also breaks
 pingback due to comment flooding. I've seen a decent number of times in my
 limited blogging experience where people have linked to more than one of
 my posts yet only one ping has shown up. I really like how pings improve
 the interconnectedness of blogging but the comment flood protection is
 getting in the way (unnecessarily?).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5130#comment:4>