[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5926: Settings > General should show current time and current example only correct half the year

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Feb 20 18:06:17 GMT 2008

#5926: Settings > General should show current time and current example only
correct half the year
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lloydbudd  |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect     |       Status:  new
Changes (by lloydbudd):

  * keywords:  => has-patch

Comment:

 Thats great! So much better than it was, and so much better than I
 proposed.

 I would like to tweak it even more still. I think it would benefit by
 being in the format that the person is familar with for readability and
 some other small tweaks:

 1. Like the results for the formats below it, the result should be bold
 (strong).

 2. For both lines show the date in the Date Format chosen. (Also remove
 code formatting.)

 3. Remove the seconds, not interesting or useful.

 4. Show UTC in 24-hr time, but the offset time in time format chosen.

 5. "Output:" from the formats should be removed.

 6. "UTC time" 'time' is redundant, and by removing it the text lines up
 better.

 7. Because it is user modifiable, I find it useful to show the result even
 if UTC (removed 'if ($current_offset)'). I don't think it is worth coding
 a custom phrase for this case.

 Feel free to close as fixed, or to apply the patch.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5926#comment:3>