[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8741: wordpress 2.7 doesn't honour the "Comment author must have a previously approved comment" flag

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 28 16:34:02 GMT 2008

#8741: wordpress 2.7 doesn't honour the "Comment author must have a previously
approved comment" flag
 Reporter:  donpaolo      |       Owner:
Component:  Comments      |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  moderation
 In my wordpress 2.7 I have an user that sometimes writes a comment, and
 she always uses the same e-mail.

 Every time she writes a comment I receive an email and I go and approve
 the comment, but the comment always remain in the moderation queue despite
 of the flag "Comment author must have a previously approved comment" in
 the /wp-admin/options-discussion.php page.

 The previous flag ("An administrator must always approve the comment")
 isn't set.

 Apparently the flag "Comment author must have a previously approved
 comment" isn't honoured.

 Note: I don't have anything in the blacklist textarea nor in the
 moderation textarea.
 I have set that the user must enter name and email in order to comment,
 and she always enter them. I haven't set that one must register in order
 to write a comment; and the default is that comments can be posted on
 articles.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8741>