[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6881: Backing up my 2.3.3 db - trying to upgrade from 2.3.3 to 2.5.1 but I get errors like some tables wouldn't exist

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 30 21:27:27 GMT 2008

#6881: Backing up my 2.3.3 db - trying to upgrade from 2.3.3 to 2.5.1 but I get
errors like some tables wouldn't exist
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ziont            |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration   |     Version:  2.5.1
 Severity:  critical         |    Keywords:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 I was going to upgrade from 2.3.3 to 2.5.1 and
 I did a db backup but I forgot to deactivate the plugins. After that, I've
 deleted all wp 2.3.3. files and uploaded the 2.5.1 files. I browse /wp-
 admin/upgrade.php, I hit UPGRADE button and I get
 [http://www.ziont.net/wp_upgrade.jpg]. What could be the cause? And, if I
 try uploading the 2.3.3 files back, importing my initial db backup, when I
 browse my blog address, it asks me to install it. Why?
 I would like to find a solution on how to bring back my blog (even at
 2.3.3) or at 2.5.1. I'm going crazy, it's been two days now since I got in
 this mess. I'm really desperate. What is it that I haven't tried? What can
 I do? Please share with me some alternatives, I'm going out of my mind!
 Thank you...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6881>