[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6848: is_front_page() and is_home() erroneously returns true on /blog/page/2 and so forth

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 27 09:05:39 GMT 2008

#6848: is_front_page() and is_home() erroneously returns true on /blog/page/2 and
so forth
-----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  Pinoy.ca                           |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect                             |       Status:  new
Comment (by Pinoy.ca):

 > Get it? Sorry, it's hard to explain, heh.

 No I still do not understand.  It is no better to exclude pages (now) and
 be unclear (now) than it is to determine if it is front of the site, but
 paged (proposed) (this is done with {{{is_home() && is_paged()}}}).  The
 effort is the same, but which is clearer?

 There's no need to create our own definition of a widely-used term and
 make ourselves a "special case," like this

 > '''Front page''', n.

 > 1. The first page of a newspaper.

 > 2. The starting page, or root page, of a website.

 > 3. ''Wordpress.'' The root page of a blog and also its {{{/page/2}}} and
 so forth.  If you want to refer only to the root page, you have to combine
 {{{is_front_page()}}} with {{{!is_paged()}}}, for example, {{{if
 (is_front_page() && !is_paged()) echo "Welcome to my blog";}}}.

 Would you imagine you're writing a book about WordPress and try explaining
 this ....

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6848#comment:9>