[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6848: is_front_page() and is_home() erroneously returns true on /blog/page/2 and so forth

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 26 08:32:33 GMT 2008

#6848: is_front_page() and is_home() erroneously returns true on /blog/page/2 and
so forth
-----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  Pinoy.ca                           |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect                             |       Status:  new
Changes (by DD32):

  * keywords:  is_front_page is_home reporter-feedback => is_front_page
               is_home 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 > I was referring to /wordpress/page/2, /wordpress/page/3 and so forth.

 Ahh, In that case, Yes, I can confirm it does return true on those pages.

 However, I'm not sure if your interpratation is correct, As it *is* the
 "Front Page", As in, Its not a Single View or a Page View, Or an archive
 view, Its the "Front Page" View, showing the overflow posts..

 From Docs:
 > Returns true when the main blog page is being displayed and the
 'Settings->Reading->Front page displays' is set to "Your latest posts",
 Which is the case in question, As its the Main blog view, Granted, in this
 case, the 2nd page of the main blog view.

 I guess its open to interpratation, I'm not sure how it was intended to
 work, I'm just outlining why *I* think its correct as it is given what i
 know of it..

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6848#comment:3>