[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6562: Visual Editor preserves multiple sequential spaces, fouls up shortcode parsing

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Apr 24 13:19:57 GMT 2008

#6562: Visual Editor preserves multiple sequential spaces, fouls up shortcode
parsing
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |       Status:  reopened
Comment (by tellyworth):

 azaozz, that bug may well be relevant but it says it occurs when the
 pattern contains 0x00, not the subject string.  To see if 0x00 was messing
 up the test I split the case in two, test_utf8_whitespace_1() and
 test_utf8_whitespace_2().  The second test doesn't contain 0x00 at all.
 Both fail, though in different ways.

 The first (with the 00a0 sequence) produces empty attributes.  The second
 has attributes, but the whole {{{\x20\x0babc=\"def\"}}} string is
 considered a value, rather than parsed.

 Can anyone confirm one way or the other?  I'm still not sure if I'm
 testing it wrong or if the bug is still present.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6562#comment:9>