[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6562: Visual Editor preserves multiple sequential spaces, fouls up shortcode parsing

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 23 00:08:59 GMT 2008

#6562: Visual Editor preserves multiple sequential spaces, fouls up shortcode
parsing
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by tellyworth):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 I created a unit test for this and it fails.  It could be an error in my
 test but I suspect the patch doesn't work (or at least doesn't work in
 some cases or some environments).

 See test_utf8_whitespace() here: http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-tests
 /wp-testcase/test_shortcode.php

 I've tried with and without the ascii spaces in addition to utf-8
 whitespace sequences.  Either way the shortcode runs but the attribute
 array is empty.  $text is correct entering shortcode_parse_atts() but
 blank after the preg_replace line added in the patch.

 Can someone review the test please and either show me a correct input
 string if I have it wrong, or confirm that it fails?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6562#comment:6>