[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6715: Hitting publish button got error then going to HTML mode made post disappear entirely

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Apr 17 07:39:11 GMT 2008

#6715: Hitting publish button got error then going to HTML mode made post
disappear entirely
 Reporter:  cyndin   |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |       Status:  new
Changes (by cyndin):

  * severity:  critical => blocker

Comment:

 Please somebody make this a priority.  It just happened again.  I spent
 half an hour writing a post then clicked on "HTML" to clean up the code
 and the post disappeared!!  I didn't have a saved copy this time.  I can
 not believe this could happen.  It never happened in older versions of WP.

 You know how you get your first auto-save after you type the title then
 click on the body of the post?  Well that's what it reverts to.  The title
 is saved, along with the original slug (before my edit) and any other
 changes (category, author, tags) I made before putting in the title.
 Since I write the title first, there is no text.  None.

 I even went to the shell where my blog resides and searched for drafts.  I
 don't know what else to do.  Honestly, I'm practically in tears.  This is
 so awful I want to switch blog software or at least go back to 2.3 (which
 was buggy but worked).

 Do not tell me I should save my drafts manually.  I never had to in 2.3
 and earlier so I'm not used to it, and I didn't do anything, I just went
 to look at the HTML.  Plus I have auto-save set to save every 2 minutes.
 And saving drafts puts you into a different window and you have to click
 on the edit post again to go back.  There is no more "save and continue
 editing" like before.  Someone on a WP board complained that that feature
 was gone and someone else laughed and said that's what the auto-save is
 for.  Well, it's no good if it doesn't work.

 This should not happen.  Please fix this.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6715#comment:1>