[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6444: Changeset 7561 (post rc3) leaves an open <p> at the end of the inserted gallery html

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Apr 15 05:15:24 GMT 2008

#6444: Changeset 7561 (post rc3) leaves an open <p> at the end of the inserted
gallery html
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnconners              |        Owner:  andy
     Type:  defect                   |       Status:  reopened
Comment (by AaronCampbell):

 I wasn't real interested in it at first either.  I doubt I'll ever really
 need it, because I don't mind marking up the content I send it.  However,
 I was aiming for two things:

 1) Backwards compatibility.  I wasn't sure how many plugin authors had
 already been developing using the existing method, assuming that their
 content would be formatted by WP.

 2) There are a lot of less-than-thorough (I put that as nicely as I could)
 plugin developers, who need their content cleaned up just as badly as
 regular users do.

 I want to make it clear that in the end, I'm completely happy with either
 way.  I had already started with my fix before I found this ticket, so I
 figured I'd go ahead and offer it as a suggestion.  It's definitely more
 complex/convoluted, but it's also slightly more flexible.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6444#comment:14>