[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6711: Closing "write post" window in 2.5 leads to popup asking if you want to navigate away from the page

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 13 23:07:37 GMT 2008

#6711: Closing "write post" window in 2.5 leads to popup asking if you want to
navigate away from the page
 Reporter:  cyndin   |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  General  |     Version:  2.5
 Severity:  minor    |    Keywords:
 I found related tickets but nothing for 2.5 directly on point.

 If I try to close the "write post" window, I get a popup asking:

 "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?
 The changes you made will be lost if you navigate away from this page.
 Press okay to continue or cancel to stay on the current page."

 This did not occur in WP 2.3.  I use Mozilla on OS 10.2.8 on a Mac G4.

 I got this error repeatedly even though I had not changed the page since
 last doing a manual save.  It had been idle for hours.  I am guessing that
 the auto-save reset it to be marked as edited.

 As a test, I did another manual save and closed the window.  It closed
 promptly without the popup warning.

 This sounds like a useful feature that merely needs some tweaking to avoid
 false positives.

 Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6711>