[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6610: When saving in Firefox, TinyMCE alters the inside of <pre> and <code> tags.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 7 12:07:43 GMT 2008

#6610: When saving in Firefox, TinyMCE alters the inside of <pre> and <code> tags.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  asandler                                                                 |        Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect                                                                   |       Status:  assigned
Comment (by asandler):

 You're right. <code> and <pre> are two different tags. I assumed same
 problem would happen with <code>. Anyway, I am interested in <pre> tag
 because this is the tag that tinymce inserts when using "preformatted"
 style. And I've seen at least four people reporting this problem, so it's
 not only me.

 Another part of this problem is that tinymce removes tabulation (one you
 normally get by pressing TAB button on your keyboard) symbols as well.
 Actually, you cannot use TAB directly - it changes focused element of the
 page (it is another bug, because it works in IE7. only you have to press
 TAB twice for the first time). However you can paste it from another
 editor and this is usually what people do with the code (people don't yet
 write programs in tinymce lol).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6610#comment:2>