[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6484: custom permalinks setting (rewrite.php) causes have_posts function not to work outside of 'the loop'

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 2 15:01:07 GMT 2008

#6484: custom permalinks setting (rewrite.php) causes have_posts function not to
work outside of 'the loop'
 Reporter:  jsherk   |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by jsherk):

  * summary:  custom permalinks setting causes have_posts function not to
              work outside of 'the loop' => custom permalinks
              setting (rewrite.php) causes have_posts
              function not to work outside of 'the loop'

Comment:

 I unfortunately don't know enough about rewrite rules to figure out how to
 do that. I looked at the the fix for #6460, which has no effect on this
 problem at all.

 I did however look at the htaccess files for both 2.3.3 and 2.5 (with
 custom permalinks enabled) and the htaccess files are identical, but I
 think it's the rewrite.php file that must be causing the problem...

 Problem is fixed when I replace includes/rewrite.php in the 2.5 install
 with rewrite.php from 2.3.3 (had to comment out line#903 to get it to
 work).

 Sorry that I can't give more details as to what is causing the problem,
 but I think I've at least narrowed it down.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6484#comment:13>