[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #4929: Post Author automatically overrides current author on editing someone elses post

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Sep 7 14:29:02 GMT 2007

#4929: Post Author automatically overrides current author on editing someone elses
post
 Reporter:  Founder         |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.2.2
 Severity:  major           |    Keywords:  Post Author
 I have about 25 authors on my blog.  from time to time I must go in and
 correct spelling or modify something about someones post. When I do so as
 Admin, the post always has the Author renamed to me.  I have the Post
 Author drop down menu in the right hand column, but it contains only 5
 authors and it does not contain the current Author (which would solve the
 problem).

 I would be happy with either turning off the post author function or at
 the very least have the current author of the post be listed first in the
 drop down menu so that it would not override it when an Admin edits their
 post.  As well, maybe the list should be a full list of the Authors, it
 really makes no sense that there are only 5 authors showing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4929>