[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5171: Add parameters to "tag_cloud()" to bypass size variation, and to show frequency counts

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Oct 16 06:45:02 GMT 2007

#5171: Add parameters to "tag_cloud()" to bypass size variation, and to show
frequency counts
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  brh          |        Owner:  westi
     Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  assigned
Comment (by Otto42):

 I think the whole tag cloud function might need a rethink here. This is
 the first tag cloud function I've seen using inline styles instead of
 simply assigning weight and ID classes. Inline styles are generally bad
 form, and move presentation out of the theme and into the core, which is
 the wrong way to go.

 I propose getting rid of the inline styles entirely, and adding some
 styles to the bundled themes, so as to show how it's done. I suggest tag-
 cloud-weight-X and tag-cloud-id-X classes.

 Yeah, it'll break some things. So deprecate for a version if you feel it's
 needed, but 2.4 should clean this up a bit and ditch the style="whatever"
 entirely from the tag cloud.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5171#comment:4>