[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5316: Extend options.php to allow deletion, Viewing of Serialized, And grouping options

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Nov 15 21:53:30 GMT 2007

#5316: Extend options.php to allow deletion, Viewing of Serialized, And grouping
options
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  DD32                            |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement                     |       Status:  new
Changes (by johnbillion):

  * keywords:  has-patch options => has-patch options dev-feedback

Comment:

 I really, really like this. Very convenient to be able to delete options
 from here (handy for plugin testing etc) and the grouping by prefix is
 very sexy.

 I can see no reason for this going into core, as because of the relative
 obscurity of this options page, it won't affect the majority of people who
 use WordPress, and I'm sure the people who do use this options page from
 time to time will be in favour of these nice changes.

 As its main aim is plugin developers (correct me if I'm wrong), it could
 just as effectively remain as a plugin though, so I'll give it a +0.75 for
 core.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5316#comment:2>