[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #5344: Users without comment moderation priv's shouldn't be able to see comments in moderation

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Nov 12 16:58:30 GMT 2007

#5344: Users without comment moderation priv's shouldn't be able to see comments
in moderation
 Reporter:  simonwheatley   |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  comments privileges user
 Currently users without comment moderation privileges can see the comments
 in moderation. This could be inappropriate for certain users.

 I am working on a Wordpress Mu blogging system for a series of primary
 school classes and we'll necessarily be giving young children logins to
 the WP admin area. We want to allow commenting on the blog, and will be
 using Akismet and the standard comment moderation filters to ensure that
 spam comments or comments with an adult subject matter are not published
 and are not visible to the young students.

 My proposed patch inserts some additional filters into the comment
 selection SQL on edit.php comments to ensure that unapproved comments are
 not selected if the current user cannot moderate_comments. I've only
 patched wp-admin/edit.php, which is the only place I can find where this
 problem exists.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5344>