[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #4214: Unable to moderate comments/recheck spam queue with circa 200 in queue please reopen ticket 2566

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue May 1 08:30:24 GMT 2007

#4214: Unable to moderate comments/recheck spam queue with circa 200 in queue
please reopen ticket 2566
 Reporter:  wj5             |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:
 Severity:  major           |    Keywords:
 I saw ticket http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2566 while googling for my
 problem. The "hack" fix worked for me so it bears out at least that the
 problem is the same.

 I have never been able to moderate or use the re-check queue for spam
 feature if I have around 200 (not 2 thousand) pending comments. This
 amount builds up easily in a couple of days now, even with akismet
 running. So if I don't get to check my queue over a weekend or a short
 holiday I'm hosed and have to manually remove comments 20 at a time from
 the main comments bulk edit page, which is VERY painful.

 Therefore, issue 2566 should be reopened as it was not restricted to sites
 with 2000 comments, it can happen with just a couple of hundred.

 Ergo, we need a paging mechanism with a low default number of comments per
 page.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4214>