[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3964: Aggressive matching in rewrite.php leads to "nothing matches" errors with custom rewrite endpoints

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Mar 13 09:13:07 GMT 2007

#3964: Aggressive matching in rewrite.php leads to "nothing matches" errors with
custom rewrite endpoints
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jhodgdon  |        Owner:  westi
     Type:  defect    |       Status:  assigned
Comment (by westi):

 Replying to [comment:9 jhodgdon]:
 > One furthere note. Even with the call to add_rewrite_endpoints changed
 >
 > add_rewrite_endpoint( $langSwitchPermalink, 4095 );
 >
 > (which should add all possible endpoints) I still do not get a matching
 rule that will match

 > http://www.example.com/blogdir/foo/param
 >
 > (except for the erroneous match on category/postslug) So maybe that is
 all there is to the bug, that the endpoints generated are not sufficient
 to match the main blog URL or the feed with my endpoint suffixes. Should I
 just add them manually with a different function call? Should I have to?

 Looking through your generated links this looks like a definete bug.

 If I read right, it seems the only rules generated for EP_ROOT are:
 {{{
 feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$
 (feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$
 page/?([0-9]{1,})/?$
 }}}

 Which is definetly wrong from the example code you attached.

 I will have a look into working out what is going wrong in
 generate_rewrite_rules.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3964#comment:10>