[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3939: unconditional call to imageantialias() in admin-functions.php near line 2090

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Mar 10 02:47:55 GMT 2007

#3939: unconditional call to imageantialias() in admin-functions.php near line
2090
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jeppe                     |        Owner:  rob1n
     Type:  defect                    |       Status:  assigned
Changes (by rob1n):

  * status:  new => assigned
  * severity:  normal => minor
  * priority:  normal => low
  * owner:  anonymous => rob1n
  * version:  => 2.1.2
  * keywords:  gd => dev-feedback 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 You *should* be using PHP's bundled GD library, anyhow.

   Since PHP 4.3 there is a bundled version of the GD lib. This bundled
 version has some additional features like alpha blending, and should be
 used in preference to the external library since its codebase is better
 maintained and more stable. (from
 http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.image.php).

 I guess we could add in a function_exists() check, though. Seeing as
 imageantialias() isn't necessary.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3939#comment:2>