[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #4661: unable to create directory. Is its parent directory writable by the server? Does the patch work with 2.2?

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jul 21 07:17:58 GMT 2007

#4661: unable to create directory. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
Does the patch work with 2.2?
 Reporter:  Bennettskaya    |       Owner:  sjmurdoch
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.2
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  unable to create directory
 I have just installed wordpress with a host.
 I am getting   unable to create directory /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx
 /wp-content/uploads/2007/07.

 I have read the patch suggested at http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2345.

 Does it work with wordpress 2.2?
 Is this the answer?
 If it does, should I upload both mkdir-fix.patch AND 2345.diff?
 Where do I upload to?

 Is it a host problem? I ask because I have wordpress installed with
 another host also and I do not have this problem.

 thanks

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4661>