[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3642: "Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in wp-includes/classes.php on line 402" after upgrade to 2.1

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 23 10:47:05 GMT 2007

#3642: "Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in wp-
includes/classes.php on line 402" after upgrade to 2.1
 Reporter:  gregh           |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:
 I just performed an upgrade to 2.1 and when I try to go to "Admin ->
 Manage -> Posts" I get the following error:

 "Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in /path_to_wp/wp-
 includes/classes.php on line 402"

 The last thing printed to the browser prior to the error was "Browse
 category:", the rest of the page is blank. This makes managing posts
 impossible, so it is a pretty big deal.

 So it seems that the minimum PHP version requirement was bumped in this
 release but the release notes don't mention this at all. So this either
 WordPress itself or the release notes need to be fixed.

 For reference, I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux (ES3), and the latest
 version of PHP supplied by Red Hat (with backported security patches) is
 PHP 4.3.2. The only active plugin is Akismet.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3642>