[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3528: HTTP 304 status not sent correctly on PHP 5.2, breaking conditional GET on feeds

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 7 10:21:46 GMT 2007

#3528: HTTP 304 status not sent correctly on PHP 5.2, breaking conditional GET on
feeds
 Reporter:  kelson   |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |       Status:  new
Comment (by Otto42):

 According to here: http://www.fastcgi.com/docs/faq.html#httpstatus

 ----
 How do I send an HTTP status other than 200 (the default, HTTP OK)
 To return an HTTP status other than 200, add a 'Status:' header from your
 CGI. mod_fastcgi will look for that header and set the HTTP status. The
 of the server response) is.
 -----

 Not that I agree with this or anything, but it is worth noting that that's
 how FastCGI says to do it. Can anybody make the thing break by using only
 the HTTP 1.x header?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3528#comment:9>