[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3767: Default theme (Kubrick) should use the blog's default date format, not "F jS, Y"

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Feb 11 02:07:58 GMT 2007

#3767: Default theme (Kubrick) should use the blog's default date format, not "F
jS, Y"
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
Component:  Template     |     Version:
 Severity:  trivial      |    Keywords:  time date formatting theme kubrick
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 In `Options -> General` it is possible to set the "default date format"
 and "default time format" to be displayed on your blog. However, Kubrick
 ignores these values and instead uses `the_time('F jS, Y')` for the post
 date. This means a user might change their date or time format and wonder
 why it is having no affect on their blog.

 I propose a minor change to the Kubrick theme bundled with WP, so
 `the_date()` and `the_time()` are used without parameters, thus using the
 default date and time formats set in Options.

 The following files in the default theme are affected:

  * `archive.php` (line 37)
  * `attachment.php` (line 29)
  * `comments.php` (line 36)
  * `index.php` (line 11)
  * `search.php` (line 19)
  * `single.php` (line 27)

 The Classic theme isn't affected as it uses `the_time()` without
 parameters.

 I apologise for not submitting `diff` files but I have no experience of
 them or CVS. I need to look into that.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3767>