[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3642: "Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in wp-includes/classes.php on line 402" after upgrade to 2.1

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Feb 3 02:54:18 GMT 2007

#3642: "Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in wp-
includes/classes.php on line 402" after upgrade to 2.1
--------------------------------------------------------------+-------------
 Reporter:  gregh                                             |        Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect                                            |       Status:  new
Changes (by charleshooper):

  * keywords:  => has-patch needs-testing 2nd-opinion dev-feedback

Comment:

 I can't reproduce this but I decided to poke around and take a look
 anyways. {{{get_categories()}}} actually DOES return a blank array if it
 doesn't have any resultsp

 {{{
         if ( empty($categories) )
                 return array();
 }}}

 I can't really figure out how or why {{{Walker:walk()}}} is being passed a
 string instead of an array, but if we can get rid of that ugly fatal error
 then we can at least get our users able to manage their posts.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3642#comment:5>