[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5429: Wordpress Plugin Framework: Simplication and Standardization for Plugin Development

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 30 08:33:14 GMT 2007

#5429: Wordpress Plugin Framework: Simplication and Standardization for Plugin
Development
----------------------------------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  husterk                                       |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement                                   |       Status:  new
Changes (by darkdragon):

  * keywords:  Wordpress Plugin Framework => Wordpress Plugin Framework
               plugin-management

Comment:

 This might go well with another ticket. Will find ticket and post it, but
 basically it has to do with an options page.

 I was thinking that working this ticket and the other ticket in together
 would allow auto creating a page with options designed and managed by this
 ticket with the link created by the other ticket.

 The other ticket would create a link to the options page, this ticket
 would allow for the simple creation of the options page. The plugin author
 won't need to use this ticket for the configure link to work.

 It is more work than it is worth sometimes and I know that I created
 something like this when I created my options page for a plugin I created.

 This is a really good idea, but I don't know locking the plugin author in
 with one way is a good idea. The plugin author should be able to refine
 how they create their options page.

 It should also be assumed that others won't know how to work with objects.
 A procedural library would also have to be supported.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5429#comment:5>