[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3944: Entering an invalid post timestamp will be tolerated and results in bad view links

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Dec 19 18:56:03 GMT 2007

#3944: Entering an invalid post timestamp will be tolerated and results in bad
view links
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  erikwasser                        |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect                            |       Status:  new
Comment (by JDTrower):

 I confirmed that the bug listed in this ticket was valid, however I got
 slightly different info when following the steps and using an invalid
 date.  Also, the patch provided for admin-functions.php is no longer is a
 valid patch.  I took a look at what that patch was changing and found
 where in the existing code that the code was located in.  The code that
 was being changed by this patch is now located in wp-
 admin/includes/post.php.  I have created a patch that incorporates the
 changes from the original patch for admin-functions.php in post.php.  I
 did not incorporate the suggestion made by f00f to change the time
 normalization.  I don't fully grasp modulus and so am leaving that to
 someone else, unless someone can verify that the suggestion made by f00f
 is correct and would work.  I'll post the patch here for testing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3944#comment:12>